Every Wednesday, we will provide a weekly Barrington market update to keep you informed of the current market conditions.
As of August 20, 2020…
Inventory has ticked up slightly from last week, but we are still experiencing record low inventory levels. There are currently 46 Single Family Properties actively listed for sale in Barrington.
- 20 of the 46 properties currently in Active status are listed at or above $1,000,000.
- YTD there have been 20 closed sales over $1,000,000 in Barrington. However, 12 of those closed under $1,200,000.
- Interestingly, the most expensive home sold YTD in Barrington was $1,950,000 and it did not have water views.
- Also interesting: of the top four sales in Barrington this year, only one had water views. The other three out of the top four were very nice, large homes, but without water views.
- Of the 26 remaining Active Listings (below $1,000,000), the median asking price is $539,000 & $279 per square foot.
Inventory numbers are up slightly from last week in the under-$500,000 category. There are currently 11 properties listed under $500,000.
- 8 properties are in the $400,000 – $500,000 range.
- 3 are listed in the $300,000’s, with the most affordably priced home at $349,000.
- The Nayatt School District has only 7 houses that are listed for sale under $1,000,000, and the least expensive home available in the Nayatt School District is $412,900.
- Primrose and Sowams School Districts have a combined 19 homes available under $1,000,000.
About Chart House Realtors
YTD, Chart House is currently the third-largest producer of sales in the East Bay and the third-largest producer of sales in Barrington. Chart House is also ranked #27 in Rhode Island sales statewide. Keller Williams Realty, as a brand, is the largest volume producer for both dollars and units in the State of Rhode Island (YTD).
This market update is provided by Matthew Antonio, Team Leader for Chart House Realtors in Barrington, RI. Chart House is a Real Estate Sales Team working within the Keller Wi