Inventory of properties that are available for sale is at the same level as last week. Barrington is still experiencing low inventory levels of properties that are actively listed for sale. There are currently only 46 Single Family properties available.
- 20 of the 46 properties currently in Active/Available “For Sale” status are listed at or above $999,000. This leaves just 26 properties available across the entire town for less than $1,000,000.
- The median price point across these 26 properties is $559,000 and $275 per square foot of living space.
- There are 8 properties available between $700,000 and $998,000.
- There are 6 properties available between $500,000 and $699,000.
- The least expensive home for sale in Barrington at the moment is 550 County Road, which has an asking price of $389,900.
- There are a total of 12 homes available between $389,900 and $499,900.
Available Housing Inventory by Neighborhood
Nayatt: There are currently 26 properties available for sale in the Nayatt School System. Prices range from $412,900 for a 1,263 square foot ranch at 16 Joy Street, to $4,975,000 for a 9,026 square foot waterfront home at 85 Nayatt Road.
- 3 properties are available under $500,000.
- Nothing is available from $500,000 to $724,000.
- 5 properties are available from $725,000 to $998,000.
- 18 properties are available from $999,000 & up.
Sowams: There are only 9 properties available for sale in the Sowams School System. Prices range from $415,000 for a 1,620 square foot, 2 bedroom home at 33 Stanley Avenue, to $1,275,000 for a 3,340 square foot home located on 3.62 waterfront acres at 26 Bullock Avenue.
- Although the overall number of available properties in the Sowams District is low, the inventory is fairly balanced. There are 2 homes available for sale in the 400’s, 2 in the 500’s, 2 in the 600’s, and 2 in the 700’s.
Primrose: There are 11 properties available for sale in the Primrose School System. Prices range from $389,900 for a 1,629 square foot colonial at 550 County Road, to a “pre-construction” offering of a 3,800 square foot colonial in Alfred Drowne for $1,450,000.
- 9 of the 11 properties available are under $585,000, making the Primrose School System a buyer’s best chance at an affordably priced home in Barrington.
- Excluding the 2 most expensive homes listed in Primrose, the median price point for available properties in the Primrose School District is $485,000.
Properties Closed in the Last 7 Days
There have been 8 properties closed in the last 7 days.
- Prices ranged from $185,000 for a “fixer upper” in Bay Spring, to a well-appointed brick Tudor on Rumstick Road for $799,000.
- The median price point across this list is down from its typical position and comes in at $388,500 this week. However, the price per square foot has ticked up a bit from the norm, at $295 per square foot.
Here is a list of properties “Closed” in the last 7 days and the price at which they were sold. Congratulations to our very own Susan Kostas for having the only property on this list that sold for more than its original asking price. This is further proof that in the current market, if you price properly, market well, and negotiate faithfully on behalf of the seller, it is not uncommon to be able to get at or above the asking price.
- 115 Rumstick Road: $799,000
- 134 Ferry Lane: $585,000
- 8 Palisade Lane: $530,000
- 15 Tiffany Circle: $460,000
- 22 Acre Avenue: $317,000
- 67 Middle Highway: $315,000
- 46 Blanding Avenue: $285,000
- 55 Greene Avenue: $185,000
About Chart House
This market update is written by Matt Antonio, Team Leader for Chart House Realtors in Barrington, RI. Chart House is a Real Estate Sales Team working within the Keller Williams Realty system. We focus on providing a high level of service and detail representing buyers and sellers in all types of real estate transactions.
YTD, Chart House is currently the third-largest producer of sales in the East Bay, and the third largest producer of sales in Barrington. Chart House is also ranked #27 in Rhode Island sales statewide. Keller Williams Realty, as a brand, is the largest volume producer for both dollars and units in the state of Rhode Island (YTD).