Remarkably, the trend in Barrington real estate has continued as we enter the fall season. For three weeks in a row, the available inventory of Single Family Homes for sale in Barrington has declined. Interestingly enough, the numbers have been declining for the entire year, and the number we started with three weeks ago was historically low. The industry and home buyers alike are waiting for things to turn the corner and for more inventory to become available, but it hasn’t happened yet, and (surprisingly) just continues trending toward less inventory. Homes are selling well, but new homes listing on the market cannot keep pace. There are currently only 33 Single Family Properties available for sale in Barrington!
Here is a quick look at the numbers:
- 17 of the 33 properties currently in Active / Available “For Sale” Status are listed at or above $995,000.
- This leaves just 16 properties available across the entire town for less than $1,000,000.
- The median price point across these 16 properties is $591,500 and $278 per square foot of living space.
- There are 7 properties available between $649,000 & $925,000.
- There are 4 properties available in the $500,000’s.
Properties for sale below $500,000
- 16 Maudsley Avenue: $479,900
- 9 Middle Highway: $469,000
- 135 Sowams Road: $425,000
- 26 Prospect Street: $389,000
- 550 County Road: $379,000
New Properties to hit the market in the last 7 days
3 new properties have hit the market in the last week. 2 are located in the Sowams School District / Hampden Meadows neighborhood.
- 25 Heritage Road: $649,000
- 135 Sowams Road: $425,000
The third property to hit the market this week is 550 County Road, which was listed at $379,000.
Properties that have gone under contract in the last 7 days
5 properties have gone under contract in the last week. 2 of them involve agents from the Chart House Realtors Team!
Here is the list of properties under contract in the last seven days and their asking price at the time they went under contract:
- 49 Martin Avenue: $339,000
- 33 Stanley Avenue: $415,000
- 22 Walsh Avenue: $435,000
- 3 Robbins Drive: $735,000
- 12 Mallard Cove Way: $745,000
Properties Sold “Closed” in the Last 7 Days
Listed below are the 3 properties closed in the last week and the price at which they were sold:
- 37 West Street: $215,000
- 55 Governor Bradford Drive: $630,000
- 27 Lantern Lane: $805,000
About Chart House
This market update is written by Matt Antonio, Team Leader for Chart House Realtors in Barrington, RI. Chart House is a Real Estate Sales Team working within the Keller Williams Realty system. We focus on providing a high level of service and detail representing buyers and sellers in all types of real estate transactions.
YTD, Chart House is currently the third-largest producer of sales in the East Bay, and the third largest producer of sales in Barrington. Chart House is also ranked among the top 1% in Rhode Island sales statewide. Keller Williams Realty, as a brand, is the largest volume producer for both dollars and units in the state of Rhode Island (YTD).