Available inventory of Single Family Homes for sale in Barrington is at the lowest point since I have been tracking the data! There are currently only 38 Single Family Properties available for sale in Barrington. Buyer demand has remained high as interest rates remain at record lows. Well-priced and properly-marketed homes are selling quickly. The median days on market for sold properties dropped in August to just 33 days. The median days on market YTD in Barrington is 52, and last year, the median days on market in Barrington was 55. Therefore, properties closed in August sold much, much faster than what we had seen in the months leading up to last month.
- 16 of the 38 Properties currently in Active / Available “For Sale” Status are listed at or above $995,000.
- This leaves only 22 properties available across the entire town for less than $1,000,000.
- The median price point across these 22 properties is $534,000 and $278 per square foot of living space.
- There are 7 properties available between $699,000 & $925,000.
- There are 5 properties available between $500,000 & $699,000.
- The least expensive home for sale in Barrington at the moment is 49 Martin Avenue, which has an asking price of $339,000.
- There are a total of 10 homes available between $339,000 and $499,900.
New to the Market
3 new properties have hit the market in the last week. All 3 are located in the Primrose School District. The most expensive is a gorgeous 1870 Victorian located in Alfred Drown that is loaded with character and natural light. The location is amazing, set on over half an acre of land, and just steps from a beautiful beach with amazing sunset views.
- 26 Prospect Street: $399,000
- 22 Walsh Avenue: $435,000
- 46 Alfred Drown Road: $895,000
Properties Under Contract in the last 7 days
8 properties have gone under contract in the last week. 6 of them are located in the Nayatt School District. Prices range from $400,000 for a fixer-upper that, based upon activity, will certainly close for quite a bit more than the asking price (I can’t wait to see) – all the way up to an amazing waterfront estate where we represented the buyers of 275 Rumstick Road, which had an asking price of $1,800,000 at the time we put it under contract. And, right next door, Chart House was fortunate enough to also represent the seller of 285 Rumstick Road, a stately brick colonial that is under contract with an asking price of $1,395,000.
If you’re curious about the creative and effective methods we used to market, negotiate, and sell these properties, please reach out to us for a confidential conversation where we can discuss what makes Chart House unique.
Here is the list of properties under contract in the last seven days.
- 39 Hawthorne Avenue: $400,000
- 24 King Phillip Avenue: $435,000
- 20 Chapman Lane: $715,000
- 3 Shady Lane: $775,000
- 4 Ridgewood Road: $850,000
- 346 Rumstick Road: $1,200,000
- 285 Rumstick Road: $1,395,000
- 275 Rumstick Road: $1,800,000
Properties Closed in the Last 7 Days
There were 7 properties closed in the last week. Prices ranged from $262,000 for 134 Promenade Street, to $985,000 for 3 Lewis Street, where Chart House’s very own Susan Kostas represented the buyers.
Here is a list of properties “Closed” in the last 7 days and the price at which they were sold:
- 134 Promenade Street: $262,000
- 7 Hemlock Drive: $325,000
- 12 Leslie Avenue: $425,000
- 177 New Meadow Road: $430,500
- 1 Charles Street: $659,000
- 3 Fox Run Road: $935,000
- 3 Lewis Street: $985,000
About Chart House
This market update is written by Matt Antonio, Team Leader for Chart House Realtors in Barrington, RI. Chart House is a Real Estate Sales Team working within the Keller Williams Realty system. We focus on providing a high level of service and detail representing buyers and sellers in all types of real estate transactions.
YTD, Chart House is currently the third-largest producer of sales in the East Bay, and the third largest producer of sales in Barrington. Chart House is also ranked among the top 1% in Rhode Island sales statewide. Keller Williams Realty, as a brand, is the largest volume producer for both dollars and units in the state of Rhode Island (YTD).