Sellers are continuing to respond to market demands by listing properties for sale! The number of new properties to hit the market each week has climbed for over a month. This week’s market update features the largest number of new properties to hit the market in one week this year! The East Side of Providence is the clear frontrunner, with 19 new properties listed for sale in the past seven days. There are also 5 in Portsmouth, 5 in Bristol, 2 in Warren and 4 in Barrington.
Competition among buyers is still fierce. Properties are selling very quickly and, most often, they are selling for well over the asking price with several offers for the seller to choose from. In many instances, it has been difficult for listing agents to even get all of the interested buyers in to see the property before the seller is inclined to accept an offer. The pandemic further complicates this scenario, as the typical open house environment with many prospective buyers walking through a home at one time is not possible right now. Nowadays, listing agents are required to make scheduled appointments for each buyer group and time slots fill up quickly. As a buyer, this process can be frustrating. However, buyers should take some comfort in the amount of new inventory that has continued to come to market this spring.
There are several things that buyers can do to help their cause in this situation. First, keep in touch with your buyer’s agent on a very regular basis. Your agent can provide you with important and helpful information well in advance of seeing a home. Having the sellers’ disclosure documents, tax assessor maps, survey information, and historical information about the property can really help you prepare before you ever actually tour the property in person. Then, take the time to drive by the property before your scheduled appointment. I often encourage buyers to park their car somewhere in the neighborhood and take a walk around. It’s springtime and the weather has been nice to get outdoors, anyway! This process will really help a buyer get comfortable with the property. All of this combined with many photographs, floor plans, virtual tours, and other resources will oftentimes allow a buyer to feel strongly about whether or not they plan to make an offer before they ever step foot in the house. Talk with your buyer’s agent upfront about this information so you can be well-informed, and thereby well-prepared to make a decision as to whether or not you would consider taking the next step and making an offer on a property.
The following active properties are new to the market in the last seven days:
- 91 Nayatt Road: $3,650,000
- 1 Fessenden Road: $2,300,000
- 12 Echo Drive: $629,900
- 60 Bay Spring Ave #10A: $162,500
- 15 Church Street: $799,900
- 293 State Street: $425,000
- 25 Burnside Street: $350,000
- 675 Metacom Ave #58: $289,000
- 50 Broadcommon Road: $269,900
- 389 Jepson Lane: $625,000
- 1 Tower Drive #604: $485,000
- 16 Pleasant View Ave: $475,000
- 28 Dawn Marie Drive: $475,000
- 73 Seafare Lane: $395,000
- 13 Oyster Point: $1,299,500
- 211 Franklin Street: $399,900
East Side of Providence
- 94 Congdon Street: $1,695,000
- 320 324 Angell Street: $1,300,000
- 100 Freeman Parkway: $1,225,000
- 153 Morris Avenue: $950,000
- 81 South Angell Street #5: $929,000
- 81 South Angell Street #3: $899,000
- 81 South Angell Street #2: $899,000
- 81 South Angell Street #1: $899,000
- 61 Holly Street: $845,000
- 532 Elmgrove Avenue: $839,000
- 141 Governor Street: $799,000
- 23 Adelphi Avenue: $729,000
- 217 Ives Street: $699,900
- 11 Eames Street: $549,900
- 141 Fifth Street #1: $349,900
- 57 Olney Street #3: $279,000
- 57 Knowles Street: $275,000
- 211 Pleasant Street #2: $259,000
- 19 Carrington Ave #2: $249,000
If you have any interest in seeing these properties or others, we would love to hear from you. The properties featured today are just a sampling of opportunities currently on the market. Feel free to contact us via phone or email, or click below to schedule a quick 15 minute phone call so we can hear more about your real estate goals.
About Chart House Realtors
Written by Matthew Antonio, Team Leader for Chart House Realtors in Barrington, RI.
Chart House Realtors combines the best aspects of size and scale. We are a small boutique firm with 7 full-time, local members. We operate out of our office in Barrington, RI conducting business throughout RI and MA. We are also affiliated with Keller Williams, which is the largest real estate brand in the world, with more agents, more sales and more reach than any other real estate company. So, our clients get the best of both worlds!
Our small, local size gives us the ability to craft a unique personalized plan for each and every client. At the same time, the size and scale of Keller Williams allows us to reach buyers and sellers on a national and international level. Year-to-date, Chart House is ranked among the top 1% in sales across all agents in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
If you are considering buying or selling property anywhere in Southern New England, we would love to hear from you.