The East Side has such a wonderful and diverse mix of neighborhoods and housing types. In this market update, we take a look at the numbers for the year and compare them to the same categorical numbers in 2019. The numbers are broken down by housing type: single family homes, multi-family homes (with four or less units), and condominiums.
Single Family Homes Sales Summary:
- Total number of sales: 201
- Median Sale Price for a single family home: $660,000
- Median price per square foot: $285
- Most Expensive Home sold in 2020: $2,200,000
- Least Expensive Home sold in 2020: $250,000
The total number of sales decreased slightly from 211 in 2019. The median sale price increased 5.6% from $625,000 in 2019, and the median price per square foot rose 9.6% from $260 in 2019.
Condominium Sales Summary:
- Total number of sales: 161
- Median Sale Price for a single family home: $321,000
- Median price per square foot: $275
- Most Expensive Condominium sold in 2020: $1,250,000
- Least Expensive Condominium sold in 2020: $57,900
The total number of sales rose 8% from 149 sales in 2019. The median sale price for a condominium increased 9.7% from $292,500 in 2019, and the median price per square foot increased 6.6% from $258 in 2019.
Multi-Family Sales Summary:
- Total number of sales: 76
- Median Sale Price for a multi-family home: $629,000
- Median price per square foot: $117
- Most Expensive Multi-Family Home sold in 2020: $2,600,000
- Least Expensive Multi-Family Home sold in 2020: $275,000
The total number of sales rose 18.75% from 64 in 2019. The median sale price for a multi-family home increased 44% from $436,700 in 2019, and the median price per square foot rose 9.3% from $107 in 2019.
If you have any questions about these numbers or this report, we would love to hear from you. Numbers vary from neighborhood to neighborhood and are often property-specific. If you’re curious about the value of your home in this market, we are always happy to provide a free market report for your specific property.
About Chart House Realtors
Written by Matthew Antonio, Team Leader for Chart House Realtors in Barrington, RI.
Chart House Realtors combines the best aspects of size and scale. We are a small boutique firm with 6 full-time, local members. We operate out of our office in Barrington, RI conducting business throughout RI and MA. We are also affiliated with Keller Williams, which is the largest real estate brand in the world, with more agents, more sales and more reach than any other real estate company. So, our clients get the best of both worlds!
Our small, local size gives us the ability to craft a unique personalized plan for each and every client. At the same time, the size and scale of Keller Williams allows us to reach buyers and sellers on a national and international level. Year-to-date, Chart House is ranked among the top 1% in sales across all agents in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
If you are considering buying or selling property anywhere in Southern New England, we would love to hear from you.